Wednesday, December 19, 2012

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS FROM THE PUSSY PALACE IN THE SKY

Some of you won't remember me although the name - Mr. Manky - is sometimes mentioned with nostalgia. It leaves a little tear in the eye for those who were my friends so I thought that as Christmas 2012 approaches it was time to send you a message from this Pussy Palace in the Sky. Since floating up here in September 2007 I've settled in well. As many of you know, I was never a celeb pussy because my looks were a little strange. Remember how I was always being treatred for those weepy eyes. They didn't help my image and I certainly wasn't the prettiest pussy in and around Hadleigh Road. So the name, Mr. Manky, was quite appropriate really. I've made a few friends here at the Pussy Palace in the Sky. Most of us are in our twilight years and we often sit around meowing about old times. You know the sort of things, catching baby sparrows, spraying in neighbours' gardens, sleeping on the best furniture when nobody is in the house. Some of my pussy pals also have some funny stories about having a good hiss-up with the local canine enemy. Ah! Happy days! Sorry to see so many of our new arrivals have still struggled to come to terms with road safety and the Highway Code. Those dare-devil dashes from one side of the road to the other to try and beat the traffic are a risk especially if there's a 4x4 speeding along in a 30 mph zone. If you fail to get to the other side in time then - SPLAT. That's an immediate one-way journey to the Pussy Palace in the Sky. All my problems - the bad teeth, matted fur, toxic breath, weepy eyes - have cleared up since arriving here. The National Pussy Palace in the Sky Health Service has not suffered from spending cuts and the standard of care is excellent. I actually feel like a new Pussy these days. So as you tuck into the turkey and open the presents at Christmas think of me here in heaven. I have a lot of friends, especially those who use to live at 42 Marine Avenue in Leigh, at Kenilworth and at Little Orchard in Tibberton. A recent newcomer was Arthur and we are very good pals. He's a very handsome fellow. So uncork a bottle of Meow Medicine - know what I mean? - and remember all of us as you have a tipple. Happy Christmas from Mr. Manky.

No comments: